Wednesday, December 10, 2008

where would you go?

Every year for the last few years I've done a work trip to Europe in February -- great timing weather-wise, right? In the past it's involved moving quickly from London to Paris to Munich to Zurich in some combination of meetings.

For 2009, it has been decided that all of our meetings will be held in Barcelona, which is one of my favorite cities. But, I'm thinking it's just not worth going all the way there for only about 3 days of work... so if you were me, where would you go to add on a few days of fun?

In quilty news, I've finished a tablerunner for a swap, and I'll post a photo as soon as it gets where it's going in Las Vegas. I also sent out my SSGS package and my finished Spring Fling Round Robin II quilt. Can't post photos of those, either, so you just have to trust me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to the rest of Spain! Granada is amazing and the Alhambra is just incredible. I am not crazy about Madrid, but the northwestern part of Spain, in Galicia is magical.
Kathy B
No Cal

Di said...

I'm jealous, *smile*. It would be wonderful to go to Spain. I can't wait to read your blog after you go.

Joyce said...

We loved Cadiz but you are also very close to France. There we went to Narbonne and Carcasonne. Wonderful. You are also close to Figures, the home of the Salvadore Dali museum, well worth a visit.

Elaine Adair said...

If it really was ME, I would sail in the Caribbean east of Florida in the Abaco Islands. Did it before - and yes, the water really is that blue. 8-)

Helen Conway said...

Prague. Best city in Europe. Great cafes to hang out in, interesting history - especially the Jewish area walking tour. Hotel Josef is central and modern

jovaliquilts said...

I haven't seen Spain, so I would do Spain as long as I was already in Barcelona. But second choice? Italy!