Thursday, December 25, 2008

Secret Santa -- revealed!

Here's what I received from Beth in Australia -- an adorable little wall-hanging with embroidered and beaded ornaments, and a covered notebook to match -- along with a bag of authentic Aussie licorice (my favorite!) . Here's a close-up of the ornaments:
And I played Santa for Oddbjorg in Norway. I could see from her blog that she'd been doing some knitting, so I made a knitting needle case for her, and a little square bag from a cool pattern I found at PIQF.
Al and I spent all morning helping to cook and serve a fabulous meal (and wash a lot of pans!) at a local women's shelter; one of my neighbors has gotten involved with them the last couple of years and it was a lot of fun to join in. I had never done this kind of thing before but it's definitely more satisfying -- and tiring -- than just writing a check.

I came home and put a small turkey in the oven and it smells soooo good but it's not done yet. We "missed" Thanksgiving while we were Down Under on vacation, so this is meant to make up for it. No pumpkin pie, though -- what a shame!

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

All very nice, but I especially like that square bag. Hope you have a great dinner!

Oddbjørg said...

Hello Julie,

Thanks a lot for the lovely gift I received ( I hope you got the e-mail from me yesterday?).
You too have been lucky I can see. Beautiful wallhanging and notebook.
Have a nice day!

Chookyblue...... said...

Love your presents received from Beth ands what you sent to Oddbjorg.......everyone has been so thoughtful.......
Enjoy your special lunch/dinner after your volunteering job.......

peggy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the wall hanging and the notebook cover. You got some beautiful gifts!!!!
Your projects are sooo nice Julie!

Hope you are feeling better soon

Peggy