Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New Quilts!

I keep forgetting to post about the quilt above -- it came from Melinda for the ALQS II swap. I love the bright batiks and the cool quilting!

And today the mailman brought my Spring Fling Round Robin II quilt -- this was made by Liliane in Luxembourg, Luisa in Portugal, and Tami and Susan in the US. I said that red was a favorite color and that I liked bright rather than drab... and definitely got what was coming to me!


The center block is 3-dimensional, and one of the gals added some beading as an accent:Here's a close-up of one of Tami's origami pinwheels in the corner, and more beads:
Did I mention that the hats all got knitted and/or crocheted and mailed off to Seattle? Although they haven't arrived yet despite priority mailing last Friday. I guess it will just stretch out the holiday for the kids! Al did slog through crocheting one hat; unfortunately he insisted on using some yarn that was very tangly ("Homespun" from Michaels) and the hat was a tiny bit wonky... but my niece won't notice.

Hope everyone stays warm and has happy holidays and a long weekend!

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! Those are two lovely quilts -- the origami is really a nice touch. :)

Di said...

Have a wonderful Holiday! Your quilts are gorgeous as usual - and I think gifts that come late help extend the holiday season!

Melinda said...

Glad to see a photo of your little quilt I made. I am happy that you like it.

Libby Fife said...

That top quilt really has some dimensionality to it. Good for you-what a treasure!

Happy Holidays,
Libby