Monday, December 29, 2008

Caught

The title of this post refers to the miserable cold I have had since Thursday evening. One of my co-workers had been coughing and sneezing up a storm when I was in the office on Tuesday and I must have picked up a toxic piece of paper from her... small consolation that nearly everyone else in blogland has already had this. I'm expecting to be better for New Year's Eve, since we're having 20+ people over -- I promise to make Al do all the food prep; I'll just sit in a corner with a bottle of bubbly all evening!

Being sick didn't stop me from playing with fabric over the weekend. First, I stitched up the small size of the Mosaic Tile mystery from the "A Pocket Full of Mysteries" yahoo list. (sorry, it's gone... Dorothy only leaves the patterns up for free for a few days). For some reason I can't get this to photograph with the actual color of the ferns -- they're blue-green, not gray.

Here's a close-up of the fabrics. I like the way the black and white dots mimic the similar detail in the butterfly wings.
And -- ta-da: serious progress on the pink house.
I've since added a blue strip at the top, and all it needs is some decoration on the door ( to make it look more like a double door) and a strip of blue on each side. As I mentioned before, this pattern is riddled with mistakes and was a PITA to make. Anyone want the pattern?

5 comments:

Debra said...

Your little mini quilt is a great piece! I like the dots and butterfly wings too.

Sorry about the cold. Just recovering myself.

jovaliquilts said...

I agree with you about those dots -- they look so good with the butterfly wings. Bummer about the house pattern, because it's a really nice quilt.

paula, the quilter said...

I remember the year I was swigging cough syrup instead of bubbly. Same situation you are in with a house full of revelers. Turns out I had walking pneumonia. Ugh. Take care of yourself.

Carol E. said...

It's adorable!

dot said...

It is a cute house, and yes I will take the pattern. I will try and see what my thoughts are. I am willing to do that. I will send my address to you through e-mail.