Thursday, October 09, 2008

checking in, leaving town...

No pictures tonight, because I haven't done anything to show off... I've been watching junk tv (maybe I won't include the debate in that category!) and working on a sweater that I started about a year and a half ago. The body and sleeves are knitted in wool, and then those parts are sewn onto a patchwork yoke and collar. I'm finally working on the second sleeve -- the other parts are done -- and then I need to rummage around and pull fabrics! I'll take a picture when the knitting is all done.

I'm off early tomorrow to spend the weekend in Seattle with my youngest brother and SIL and their brood of 4 kids under the age of 10. My hubby is meeting me there from the east coast, but he won't get in until tomorrow night, so I'm taking the opportunity to do a little shop-hopping. I figure I can hit at least 4 quilt shops between the airport and Ballard... although one is just a few miles in the wrong direction.

Any Seattle afficionados out there with comments on the quilt / yarn scene or great places to eat?

Don't forget to go back a post or two and leave a comment for the "fall into fall" giveaway, if you haven't already done so!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Enjoy your trip and have a safe on.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

HB said...

It must be travel time to Seattle! Posie Gets Cozy asked the same thing on her blog - here is the link - look at the entry for Oct 8th for over 80 comments. Seattle is so awesome - I found a little quilt store buried in Pike Place but can't remeber what it is called. It's always fun to take the ferry over to Bainbridge Island. Anyhow - I think you'll get good advice from the other posts.
http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/

Kritta22 said...

Oh I wish I was there with you! I'm found Seattle and could show you all the little awesome fabric/quilt stores. You are probably already gone but there is a great one in North Bend