Wednesday, October 29, 2008

black and white and ...

I don't remember the old joke that ended with "black & white & red/read all over" -- but here's my newest top with that name. The inside blocks were from a swap with Julie H, and then I tilted them and put them together. It's probably brighter than it looks in the photo. I seem to be doing a lot of black & white with something lately... what's that all about?

And now a sneak peek at my Halloween costume...
too bad you can't see through these things!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

omigosh! I have a group of black and white blocks that I'd begun to set in that same setting with red fabric! Then I lost interest . . . . Yours looks right nice.

Vicki W said...

Love the quilt!

HB said...

Love it! I am working on Christmas presents so can't share photos but I seem to be in a fall color state of mind. Which makes sense!

Not Lucy said...

What's black and white and red all over?

A newspaper (read all over)
An embarrassed zebra
An embarrassed skunk

there were more but I can't come up with them before my coffee!

Lucette said...

love them peepers!
and the quilt is awesome too

jovaliquilts said...

Those blocks are great set on point, just perfect for their motion.

Do post a photo of the whole Halloween costume! And don't walk into any chairs (or try crossing streets) in the meantime.

Elaine Adair said...

Hey, I'm with Nancy - I also have red/white/black blocks that need a good setting! Good timing, great idea! Thanks.

Peepers? LOL