Monday, September 29, 2008

I've become addicted to making purses and other bags in the last couple of years, so here's my latest. It's call the "bow-tucks" bag, and after I saw someone carrying one at the Long Beach show, I had to go back through all the vendor booths until I found the one with the pattern. It was a lot of fun picking out fabrics from my stash (the inside is other Japanese fabrics in lighter colors) and it was pretty easy to put together. (I just noticed that they make a pattern for a smaller version of this, too) Anyway, I'll probably be carrying it at PIQF...

Here's a new round robin top that just came home to me a couple of days ago. The center is a tomato from Ruth McDowell's vegetable book that I made a few years ago, and three people from a little online group made the borders. I tried to take a picture that showed up the various red fabrics, but they are kind of overhwelmingly bright!
And finally, a sneak peak at the next round of the Spring Fling Round Robin #2. I will be mailing this off to get quilted sometime soon.
I need to get working on my ALQS quilt -- I'm pretty sure I know what that one's going to be, and then I also signed up for the Secret Santa swap this year... I haven't started thinking about that one at all yet, except that I might need to do a little shopping for it at PIQF. What a shame, to have to shop!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Great bag and I love your round robin. Someday I will have to try a RR project.

jovaliquilts said...

What a gorgeous way to frame that tomato! I know we've discussed Ruth McDowell's awesome vegetables before, and this just convinces me once more how terrific they are.