Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fabulous Booty!

Isn't this wonderful? This is my Miniature Booty Quilt from Tami that arrived today. The fabric colors are incredibly rich and the workmanship is terrific. It's going immediately to my new office to brighten things up -- I hung one small quilt last week and my partner said "bring more!"

Here's the back of the quilt -- Tami embroidered the two hanging triangles to act as labels (you just put a dowel across the top and hang it from two cup-hooks or nails). You'll have to enlarge the picture to see how "deep" the leafy fabric at the bottom is.
Tami lives only about 50 miles from me, so I'm hoping to meet up with her at PIQF next month and thank her in person. Anyone else from blogland planning to go?

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a great surprise!

Anonymous said...

Great quilt!!!
I am not a blogger, but my sistah, Ms. Jan is. We will be at PIQF on Thursday and Friday.
I enjoy your blog and would love to meet you IRL, and I am sure Ms. Jan would to.
Kathy B
Yolo, CA

jovaliquilts said...

That is really a lovely quilt! I'm be at PQIF all day Friday and part of Saturday. I don't want to post my cell phone on the blog, but if you reply to this in an email I'll send it to you and maybe we can meet at the show. It would be fun! I was off to California to see family this fall anyhow, so I decided to time my trip to attend the show, too.