Tuesday, August 12, 2008

et cetera

Well, yes, I've been a bad blogger again. A multitude of work projects have put me over the edge, I'm afraid. Every time I think I'm going to be able to relax a bit, another wave comes along! I stopped working a 9-to-5 job and started consulting around 8 years ago but now it's feeling like 9-to-5 again... sigh.

Anyway, small bits of progress. Here's a tiny peek at the center block for the new Spring Fling Round Robin project. Margaret did a huge amount of work organizing this, so although the recipients are all secret again, this time we have some information about their styles, likes, dislikes and inspirations.
And, I'm happy to say that I did cull through my Long Beach photos and my favorites are now up on Flickr -- go here and click on the Long Beach Quilt Festival album. My friend Catherine and I stayed at a Best Western about 2 miles from the convention center; next door was a bakery that specialized in outrageous wedding and quinceanera cakes -- here's a sample.
I know some of you hate bugs, but I thought these were cool -- I noticed them when I was out watering the other day. They're some kind of moth or butterfly larva munching away on my manzanita. Haven't had any luck so far in figuring out what kind... manzanita have pretty tough leaves, so I wouldn't think they'd be the food of choice for too many beasties!

Tomorrow I head up to Portland for a couple of days for some meetings. Unfortunately... no time to visit Fabric Depot!

3 comments:

Not Lucy said...

Not stopping at Fabric Depot? I don't think I could bear it!!!!!

The Calico Cat said...

I just checked out your quilt show flickr - thanks for sharing.

Those cakes are _____.

jovaliquilts said...

Your round robin teaser is lovely -- every time I see blue and yellow, I am reminded of how much I love that combination.

What a cake!! Must cost a fortune!