Friday, July 11, 2008

monkey time

Vicki's been posting about her very cute baby quilt made from the latest Sock Monkey fabric, so I thought I'd pull out an old photo of the one I made from the first fabric series -- this stuff was so much fun to work with! It was a gift for the executive assistant of one of my clients. I was a little bit worried that it was going to be too wild (actually I always worry about that with baby quilts, but I just don't "do" pastels very well) but it turned out they had decorated the room in a tropical theme and the monkeys fit right in!

I've finished up a bunch of little projects -- I suckered myself into a row robin and a round robin on one of my online groups, and this month's bits are done just in time. And a couple of birthday blocks are ready to go as well. Now it's time to think about finishing the "summer" 4 seasons quilt and making a million more little stars for Shakespeare in the Park.



6 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is sooooo cute!

dot said...

Just adorable. I really like this quilt. I don't know if you could make a quilt to bright for a baby.

Exuberant Color said...

It is really cute, and not too bright, just right. Your center block is one of my favorites.

Nancy said...

This is so darned cute. I've been resisting sock monkey fabric pretty well thus far. But . . . .

n, np

jovaliquilts said...

It's an adorable quilt! I don't "do" pastels, either.w

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great use of a fun fabric! I've been trying to use bits and snips of novelties in some of my bigger quilts just for the sense of humor. Love what you did here!

Cheers!
Evelyn