Sunday, July 06, 2008

heat wave!

Doesn't this look yummy? I was reading the current issue of Bon Appetit in my dentist's office last week, and had to go and buy a copy... then Al got inspired to make this "red, white, and blueberry shortcake" with white-chocolate whipped cream. I thought the biscuits were too much work compared to what I usually make, but the whole combination was pretty amazing!
Bucky has adopted my booty swap quilt as his own spot next to the sewing machine, where he can have an elevated view out onto the back patio. The good news is that it seems to keep him off of whatever I'm working on, and I think he looks pretty cute curled up in the leaves...

And, the Queen of Quiltland has issued a royal challenge to all her subjects. We are supposed to have a non-quilter go into our stash and pick five fabrics with which we are supposed to create a small piece of quiltiness. I think we're allowed to discard one of the five, and we can add additional fabrics. Which is a good thing, because here's what Al picked out for me:
He definitely has a stripe thing going on today... and I think there's also a touch of retribution for all the times I've asked begged him not to wear a particular purple t-shirt with most of the rest of his clothes!

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Those look like pretty good fabric choices for the challenge! I tried overdyeing 3 of mine and they got caught in the bad Retayne experiment and are now very muddy looking. I think they will get paint next. Could be a big fat mess! LOL!

Gina said...

What a great set of fabrics. You should see the ones my daughter picked out for me!

love and hugs Gina xx

Helen Conway said...

Yup, of all the challenge fabric I have seen so far I think yours are th easiest! We expect great things!

Darcie said...

Sounds like a fun challenge! Your guy did very well. Had to lol about the t-shirt!

LOVE the pic of the dessert. Mmm-mm!

Autumn Moon said...

argh the kitty loves your booty! Waht a great looking cat, orange tabbies are my favorites!!!