Sunday, June 22, 2008

what's wrong with this picture?

I hate it when this happens... now I have to rip some border and turn that silly block the right way! How was it that I didn't notice this when I was assembling the rows? These blue & white blocks are ones I won I won on Block Lotto last year -- in fact I won them the very first month I participated in the lotto. I think this will end up being quilted fairly simply with some lighthouse fabric on the back, and will go off to a little boy somewhere.
This second photo is just a little progress report on my Shakespeare in the Park quilt. It needs 2 more large blocks, and 32 (aargh!) little sawtooth stars around the edge -- I have 12 done so far. I seriously hate making the same block over and over, so it will take me a while to get those done. The only thing saving me is that the fabrics are different combinations for each star.

I need to get in gear on the summer quilt for 4 Seasons -- I had an idea or two last week but I wish I could remember what I was thinking about! (where's that gingko when I really need it?) I have an idea for the booty swap quilt that involves using a fragment of a very tedious paper-pieced pattern that I started... but Summer comes before Booty on the calendar this year!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, I did the same thing!! I showed off my quilt top at the last quild meeting and someone pointed it out to me. Lucky for me it was a border block....

Vicki W said...

Doesn't that always happen? At least you didn't see it after it was quilted - I have done that! I love the Shakespeare quilt. Is that a pattern?

dot said...

Looks like you are taking after me, at least you found yours before the quilting. I usually find the mistake during the quilting process when it is way to late to do anything about it. I like you SITP. I need to get going on mine. I have all the snails trails done just have to do the stars.

DPUTiger said...

Heh ... I did something like that with swap blocks in the early days of my blog

http://hpwt.blogspot.com/2006/10/sleep-deprived-sewing.html

It gets better ... looky what happened when my dear friend Carol tried to fix her block! :)

http://hpwt.blogspot.com/2006/10/why-i-love-my-sewing-buddies.html

Nancy said...

I am getting ready to start my Shakespeare in the Park as soon as I can concentrate again. I have all my browns and have begun to get my creams.

I don't anticipate getting to it before autumn, but it is SO much in my head!

Yours is looking great.

n, np

Shelina said...

Both of these quilts are so pretty. I had a hard time finding your mistake, so I can see why you didn't notice it - luckily you did before you started quilting it. The Shakespeare quilt looks great! Mine is languishing, since I need to get working on the four seasons swap.