Friday, June 13, 2008

Sweet P challenged us to show unusual containers we use for storing sewing stuff, so here are my entries...

First up -- and I'm so embarrassed to show this -- is a super-funky piece of pottery I made in a ceramics class at adult school some years back. I got absolutely nowhere trying to "throw" pots, so I reverted to kindergarten techniques instead! This is a sweet little plastic mushroom that originally held tiddly-winks, and now has appliqué pins:
Finally, I have a bunch of these tiny wash-buckets. They're great for paper clips, pins, hard candy, and just about anything else you can think of.

3 comments:

Helen Conway said...

I knew something was missing in my sewing room... I need a hard candy pot!

peggy said...

Your ceramic piece is "OH SO UNIQUE"... My favorite is the mushroom though since I am into mushrooms and gnomes :)

I love how the blue/black swirly fabric ended up....

I don't really have "unique" things holding my stuff...I just use baskets and bins :(

OH...and go get that blow up pool...you'll be the envy of your neighbors :)

Peggy

Sweet P said...

What wonderful containers, especially the handmade pot!

Thanks for sharing your containers and joining the contest.