Monday, June 16, 2008

show & tell

The mailman has been very attentive lately -- he must be wondering why I get all these squishy packages from overseas, and why my eyes light up when I answer the door and see him there!

Today brought this beautiful finale from the Spring Fling Round Robin:

It was made by Carolyn, Nancy, Solidia and Luisa, and flew all the way from Portugal.

Yesterday I received this tiny treasure, which I bid on and won from the Priority: Alzheimers auction -- the quilt is only about 8" tall and has all those tiny flying geese! It was made and donated by Nancy McCain and I love it!Finally, something I made myself -- another pair of socks. These are called "garter rib" -- a little bit boring but I'm working my way up to a fancier pattern. This yarn from KnitPicks was easy to work with, but I don't really like the way the stripes pooled in funny ways, and so differently on each foot.
Blogger is being a big PITA today, and it's taking several tries to upload photos -- and then it won't let you drag them around very easily. Is it time to move to another venue?

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Both of those quilts are beautiful!

DPUTiger said...

Very cool stuff! And I'm psyched to see you knitting socks! Now I just need to get back to my poor abandoned sewing machine :)

Gina said...

That RR quilt is so lovely. I just had mine back from a different RR and I love it aswell.

love and hugs xxx

Sweet P said...

Cute quilts and cool sox! (Or are the sox warm?)

paula, the quilter said...

Just call 'em your 'artful' sox.

Exuberant Color said...

Why don't you put your pictures in first and then type above and below them. That way you don't have to move them and they are clickable too.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great little quilts! I think your socks came out great even if the stripping is a bit wonky - you never know what you are going to end up with when you use those yarns, but that is part of the fun.

Cheers!
Evelyn

peggy said...

Cute socks!!!
I love your little flying geese quilt...great organization to be dealing with too...heaven knows if we'll need them someday :)
Peggy in NJ