Monday, May 19, 2008

what do you think?

I finally finished the last two of my "green beauty" blocks and I'm trying to decide how to put them together... here are a few ideas:




This started out as a 2-block-a-month project on one of the Yahoo lists, but then the person who was posting them "disappeared" after 14 blocks. It was supposed to have a total of 25. After that, I decided my quilt was only going to have 16 blocks!

I think I'd like the middle version if it were rotated 1 quarter-turn to the left...

Is the bottom version too symmetrical?

And, there is one block where the outer band is wider than all the rest of the blocks -- I think I'm going to rip it apart and add a narrow band in the middle so that the outer band tapers to a point the way the rest of them do.

It's finally cooled off a bit here, although our house really retains heat! Still, I think it's definitely time to take the flannel sheets off the bed...


12 comments:

Vicki W said...

I agree with you - I like version 2.

Catherine said...

I really like the second version too.

DPUTiger said...

Yes, #3 is too symmetrical. I don't like that there is no "interaction" between the top and bottom.

Using the following "numbering system:
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9.10.11.12
13.14.15.16

If I was moving these around in person, I'd try moving block #6 to a corner. That brightest green, in my eye, doesn't want to be in the center.

But that's ME. this is YOUR quilt! ;-)

Gina said...

Being different I like the top one.

I was doing this aswell before she dissappeared. I only got the first couple done so they are sitting in my orphan block box.

love and hugs xxx

The Calico Cat said...

A. In general, I LOVE IT!
B. While I would not vote to see it sewn like this, I would like to see 2 photographs one of 4 circles & of 1 circle in the middle - with something else going on on the outside. Please...
C. I thinkg that it would look great sewn up in any ont he arrangements. The fabrics do it for me!

jovaliquilts said...

I like 1 and 2 both, but I agree that 3 is too symmetrical. I love this style of block! How frustrating that the person in charge disappeared.

Elaine Adair said...

After I caught my breath at this beauty,

But, I would be tempted to make it wide, sideways, like a dragon, and not an expected wall hanging dimension.

It's really stunning!

Supermom said...

ANY are gorgeous. I cannot believe you have the patience for those. Amazing.

Sweet P said...

I like version 2 too.

Nancy said...

Version One.

n,np

Pam said...

I think I prefer the middle version as well. I think the bottom version is too symmetrical. I love the look of the New York beauty block. You've done a fabulous job on this quilt.

Andrea said...

Well these are gorgeous. I really like number 3 - I like symmetry.