Friday, May 02, 2008

The Rosie Report

I had a lot of fun in San Diego, and really didn't too much damage, fabric-wise! I have to admit that Rosie's was pretty overwhelming in terms of selection and prices ($7.50/yard for batiks, for instance) -- but it didn't have a lot of LQS personality, if you know what I mean. My fabric was cut by a high-schooler who never looked up, never commented on anything, never smiled...

I bought a bunch of batik -- you can see I'm kind of on a red kick at the moment.
And a few others, mostly stripes. I saw the figs somewhere a while back and didn't buy them, and have been thinking about them ever since! I love figs, and it's just too cool to see them on fabric. I'll probably cut them all up so that they're unrecognizable as fruit... but I'll know what they are!
Mona also took me to a local shop called "Cozy Quilt", which was having a sale on their own series of patterns. The store was airy and bright, and the staff was oh-so-friendly! They even gave me an extra pattern for being an out-of-town visitor.

I can tell it's truly spring because Bucky brought in his first "gift" this morning. This is how "gifts" get treated until Al comes home to dispose of them:
I took a peek when I got home and yes, I think he's still alive! Missing most of the tail, though. I have never seen a lizard in the yard in the 10 years we've lived here -- but somehow the cat manages to find a few of them every year. Maybe he's got an import contract going on...


5 comments:

dot said...

Hey, your dictionary looks just like mine, worn and all. I like your gift. The fabric is nice also.

Zegi said...

You got some lovely fabric! Too bad the one shop lacked personality. Thank heaven for husbands when living (or recently living) gifts show up!

peggy said...

OMG what a giggle I got when I saw that bucket with the dictionary on top.....I was just telling girls I work with that my biggest fear of living in CA or Fl is the lizards and gators......

Love your spring fling swaps...very cute!!! I'm going to add you to my list of blogs to watch!!!!
Peggy

Sweet P said...

Gorgeous fabric buys. Is the lizard gone? I'm sure DH took care of it by now.

Bingo~Bonnie said...

oh how I haaaate lizards! I'm not able to trap them when they get into the house b/c I have 3 little ones that would easily knock over any bucket and release him... so I have to grit my teeth and deal with getting them out of the house ASAP. Which as soon as I turn them loose outside I let out a big squeel!!!! :P Did I metntion that I hate lizards!?!!!