Wednesday, May 21, 2008

more greenery

I think I'm going to have you all crying "uncle" by the time this quilt gets put together! Here is the result of more playing with my blocks...
1) yeah, it's very orderly but somehow I like it!
2) Amy asked for "0ne circle in the middle & something going on around it" -- I don't like this one very much, though
3) same theme, but I like this better -- needs a little rearranging of the individual blocks, though.
4) I also had a request for a banner arrangement... I like this one too, and I do have a narrow space where it would fit.
5) Al the engineer tries his hand...
6) and this is the result -- symmetry! but slightly more interesting.
7) and this one is different! I promise this is the end of it, until it's done!

15 comments:

Catherine said...

I really like both choices 6 and 7. If I had to choose, I think I'd go for 6. Those blocks really are stunning!

The Calico Cat said...

I v'e said it before, but I'll say it again. I love the colors! I think they all look great, but I am finally able to say that number 7 is my favorite - very unexpected!

(I like the 4 circles too.)

The Calico Cat said...

The center of the first on one this blog is interesting...
http://downthewell.blogspot.com/2008/05/serengeti-beauty.html

Vicki W said...

This is fun! I love #6.

Supermom said...

#7 I think.
I went through this last year with this quilt. It was a fun and hair-pulling experience :-)
http://quiltsoflove.blogspot.com/2008/03/finally-up-on-walls.html
it's not quilt like the beauty blocks, but the circles create a flow pattern that must be respected!

Nancy said...

or you could finish each block individually and then you can rearrange to your hearts content!!LOL


They are lovely blocks. Have fun!!

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, this is fun! I agree that 1 is orderly, but there's enough difference in your squares that it's still interesting. I think 3 and 4 are my favorites of today's offerings. I find 6 and 7 too snakelike.

Zegi said...

I'm digging number 1...it has the symmetrical lines I crave but is not too matchy matchy.

Elaine Adair said...

I LIKE the snake-like look in the last photo, but it would just BEG to have some little continuity into a border of some type. But, they are ALL so interesting. The banner is cool, but arrangement is too predictable.

Again, we are all wanting to see the final arrangement. Nice that the engineer lends a hand.

kdmade said...

I like 3 and 4 - the vertical arrangement is cool.

I'm still on the handmade paper thing....found this use for it:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11925347

DPUTiger said...

1 and 4, in that order. :)

Morah said...

Like 2 & 3. Just gorgeous work!

peggy said...

Julie,
I LOVE the first one Al rearranged..it really moved!!!
Peggy

Supermom said...

what if you take the 4 ir 5 blocks with the curvy flying geese and arrange so that they make a "snake thru the middle of the piece, and then arrange the others around that?

upstateLisa said...

gorgeous any way!!! but I like 2 and 7.