I think everyone in blogland has done this meme except me, and damnit, I have at least seven weird and/or random things going on, so why not? I forget the exact rules, so I'm just going to wing it!
1) I used to play the bassoon (badly) when I was in college. And, it turned out that my husband used to play the bassoon, too -- way before I met him. Karma, right? (p.s. that's Mozart's Bassoon concerto playing in my music set)
2) I'm left handed, but I can do almost everything right-handed. And I can read upside down, which I understand is a left-handed talent.
3) I used to take improvisational acting classes -- scary at first, and then fun! It made me realize that I can get through just about every situation and talk to anyone, despite being something of an introvert.
4) My first job (other than babysitting) was at a drugstore soda fountain -- it was the old-fashioned kind, where we made sodas with syrup and soda water; customers told me I made the best chocolate milkshakes in Berkeley!
5) I'm pretty much scared of heights. I especially hate restaurants at the tops of tall buildings -- it just seems un-natural to eat dinner 52 stories up! and I basically lose my appetite. (hmmm -- a new wight-loss scheme for acrophobics!)
6) I think there's something strange about people who don't have any books in their house. I've met a few of these folks over the years...
7) I'm a grammar snob. I used to write a column in my company newsletter called "Grandma Grammar" -- even though I'm not a grandma -- because I really notice when people make silly mistakes in business writing, and why did no one pay attention, anyway? Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss is one of my favorite books...
If you haven't done this meme yet, you're tagged! List seven weird or random things about yourself, and leave me a message to let me know you've done it.