Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday Miscellany

Hurrah! I finally made niece Ivy's 5th birthday present, and it's only 6 weeks after her birthday. I was going to send her the baby alligator scarf from a few posts back, but I'm bored with it, and it's not done, and it's getting too warm to wear it anyway... I think it will be put aside for next Christmas instead. This is one of those Four Corners aprons from Vanilla House, that everyone seems to be making. The fabric came from my stash. Ivy is a real girly-girl, so I think the pink will fit right into her "lifestyle"!
Here's my current sock-knitting project -- I found this Regia yarn in London and couldn't resist. It' s the first time I've tried fingering weight yarn; the socks are definitely less bulky than my first pair, although they still look "floppy" when they're not on my feet. I haven't learned how to take nice sock-photos, I guess. Also, this is my first sock with Kitchener grafted toes (not that hard, really!) and without a hole at the corner where the gusset and heel come together. I am almost down to the heel on the second sock... and of course I now have about 6 more skeins lined up for more socks!
Don't forget to comment this week if you want to be in the drawing for my Frenchy Bag anniversary give-away! It's a lot of fun to see who's reading the blog, and I've discovered a few "new" bloggers to add to my own bloglines list.

7 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

I'm keeping this apron idea as NEW - cute!

I'm embarrassed I don't knit - gosh, and so many cute socks everyone has, except me.

Diana said...

I just love the socks! If you don't mind, what yarn did you use? The apron is darling, too, I'm sure she'll love it.

Diana said...

Should have asked, what colorway? You mentioned Regia right there in the post, duh!

Hedgehog said...

Love the apron! The socks are great, too. Didn't realize this was a Vanilla House design - thanks for that link.

Anonymous said...

Dianne said... That apron pattern is just great and quite a simple style that suits all. Just change the size of the square I guess for the younger ones. I just bought LOTS of wool to start a crochet rug so I guess it is the time for knits as well as our patchwork. Never tried socks but here in Brisbane Australia its mostly bare feet or sandals all year around. Love your multi coloured sock.

Monkicat said...

Just love the socks - great color! Makes me want to pick up the needles again!

jacob said...

Vanilla House Designs has a special version of Four Corners Apron just for Kids.