Monday, March 31, 2008

is it spring yet?

Blogger is being a PITA this morning -- won't let me add an April "goals" list, and was reluctant to give me the opportunity to add photos, too! And, it's telling me that "saving and publishing may fail". Great.

I've been casting about for ideas for the spring edition of the 4 Seasons Quilt Swap. My "partner" is someone whose blog I read regularly, so that only increases the pressure -- since I have no excuse for not knowing what sorts of things she likes! Anyway, I've had several plans already but I just hadn't gotten excited about any of them.

Yesterday, though, I was in the newest LQS trying to find another piece of a particular fabric to finish the setting triangles on a top (which none of the local shops have any more, so I ordered it from Tennessee Quilts). This shop is mostly catering to dressmakers -- tons of notions and trims and some lovely dress fabric -- but they also have a nice little selection of quilting cottons, including a lot of Alexander Henry designs. And I found this -- it's called "Mini Monroe", and it screamed "spring" to me!
I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet, but at least I have a starting point!




This is my latest finish -- it's a 4-patch stack& whack that I blogged about sometime last year. Finally finished the quilting and binding. My local guild is participating in a project to send quilts to two groups in Africa, and this will go to them. One group is for women in Congo who are victims of violent rape; the other is for children with HIV and other diseases in Uganda.

5 comments:

DPUTiger said...

I've never done a S&W, but that one looks pretty cool! Nice work! :)

Vicki W said...

The donation quilts looks great. I am always surprised at how great these S&W quilts look. I would think that I would be tired of them but I still like every one that I see! Your new fabric is terrific. At least you Spring has arrived indoors for you.

Diana said...

I love Alexander Henry fabric, but it's so hard to find around here. Your fabric looks like it will make a great springy quilt.

Hedgehog said...

Just love that fabric! Have fun and good luck with your quilt!

katelnorth said...

Ooh, I love that Alexander Henry print. but then again, i like most AH stuff. If your spring quilt partner is me (probably not) be sure to use lots of the fabric!!