Monday, March 24, 2008

and the winner is...

Something completely different! But man, are you ladies opinionated! You were unanimous in not liking the floral fabric, and split down the middle between the muted Asian print and the super-bright geometric. And I cut out lots of pieces of stuff and photographed about a dozen combinations but I just didn't like them up close and personal. The muted one faded into oblivion and the geometric would not settle down and behave itself.

Back into the stash, and out came some more things to try, including this bright but not outrageous stripy thing that allowed me to bring in more colors and lighten things up a bit. I did take Margaret's suggestion to put the center on-point and I think it turned out pretty nicely! I can't wait to see what the next person does to this... and what shows up in the mail for my next challenge.

Again -- thanks for all the input, even if I didn't use it! Every comment makes me think...

9 comments:

Gina said...

I think it looks great and it will be alot easier for the next person to find some colours to use.

love and hugs xxx

jovaliquilts said...

Wow -- that stripey fabric works beautifully!! Looks great!

Vicki W said...

Oh yea, that's the rigth answer!

Belém said...

It turned out beautiful. You made a good choice putting the block on point.

Ms. Jan said...

Looks great Julie!

Pam said...

Oh --- I like that!! I think the fabric you choose really sets off the centre nicely and it does look better on point. Good choice.

Kathy said...

Oh I love what you did! That stripe fabric is great!

Elaine Adair said...

Your solution is/was just perfect! It always helps to get opinions, even if you don't use them. The on-point is brilliant.

Andrea said...

Yes - this works really well. really brings it to life!