Sunday, February 17, 2008

inching forward

I think I'm over the jet-lag now, but my allergies have kicked in on top of the cold I had for a couple of weeks, and I'm having a hard time getting motivated to get off my sofa! I did manage to get the second of two QOV tops on the frame to quilt, as I had promised to do, and it's about 3/4 done. And, I got my new bed-quilt back from the long-armer yesterday, and I already have the binding machine-stitched and partly sewn down. I'll definitely post a photo when it's done!

In the meantime, my two orders of Civil War reds and tans showed up -- quick service from both of the online shops I mentioned earlier. Here's my current collection, not including a few other background fabrics I scrounged up yesterday. I am itching to start cutting, but I decided that first I need to finish a couple of the other projects that are "this close" to being done.

Vicki has been posting some wonderful bird photos recently, so I had to try my hand -- these are chestnut-backed chickadees. We have big flocks of them -- they're very quick-moving and thus hard to catch in photos! Also pretty noisy little guys.


I'll be stalking the back yard with my camera to see what else I can find.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the bird photos! I've never seen this bird. How nice to travel quickly to your backyard to see one. Those civil war fabrics are also very nice. I used to not like the civil war fabrics but I've been drawn to them in the past year or so.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lisa said...

What a lovely pile of fabrics you've got there. There are lots of possibilities for using them up.