Saturday, December 22, 2007

this one's for me!

If you ever look at my sidebar, you might have noticed that "a Frenchy Bag for me" has been on my list of things to make, ever since Nancy Near Philly blogged about making one a few months ago. Well, I finally did it -- ta dah! It's made mainly from a fab batik I found at a brand-new fabric store nearby, but the contrast and the lining are from stash. It's an Amy Butler pattern. I took it into the store to show it off today and they oohed and aahed over it -- always nice to have that happen. I keep thinking it would be fun to teach some purse classes, so maybe I can create a little interest there.

And, I got up-to-date on the NYB blocks -- here are the 14 so far. I smooshed them all together in sort of a random order and I'm liking the flow!

I have just one more small present to make, but it doesn't have to be done until the 29th. I'm going to try to concentrate on de-cluttering my desk and sewing space tomorrow and Monday.

p.s. people in San Francisco hate to hear it called "Frisco" or "San Fran" -- do people in Philadelphia dislike "Philly"? if so, I apologize!

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love your bag and your NYB blocks are coming together really nicely!

Nancy said...

Your bag is terrific.

And we know we're in Philly. And we're glad of it! But thanks for checking!

Darcie said...

A new quilt store in the area?! How cool is that!

Your bag is gorgeous...well done. Bag classes are so fun to teach...watching all of the varieties of fabrics and the enthusiasm of the students about "what's next".... Go for it!

Juliann in WA said...

Beautiful bag and lovely blocks. Looks like a lot of work.

Lisa said...

Those NYB blocks are beautiful.