Friday, December 28, 2007

I am such a winner!

A little while ago, Vicki celebrated her bloggiversary by drawing names for some hand-dyed fabrics... and I was one of the winners. My fabric arrived today, along with some metallic thread and beads for embellishment -- and it is so wonderful! I asked for jewel colors, and here they are. Vicki added some metallic painting/stamping to a couple of them. I'll have to think long and hard to come up with a worthy project to use these in. Here's a photo of my favorite holiday gift that Al and I received -- it's a clock with no hands. The red ball is magnetic, and travels around the hours (i.e. in the photo it's 2:25 or so). I'm getting used to it, but it's pretty strange for the first few days!
One last gift to show you -- this is a little "purse-nickity" bag that I made for my hairdresser. There's a second, matching one that's just a little pouch for jewelry or other small stuff, without any quilting. She's at the gym all the time and I thought they would be useful. In fact I (finally) joined a gym myself and I'm making one of these for me!
Tomorrow, after my much-needed haircut, Al and I are going to take a drive to a marshy area in Marin that is supposed to be a great place to see migrating birds -- hope to have a few good photos to show you all. Then it's a big cooking and baking push for our annual "chili fest" on Sunday afternoon!

3 comments:

DPUTiger said...

Chili-Fest? Can I come over? :)

Helen in the UK said...

That clock is quite bizarre!! Lovely fabrics you received :)

Laurie Ann said...

I am loving watching how those NYB blocks are coming out. So cool!