Wednesday, November 07, 2007

what's on my bed?


This question has been circulating in the blogosphere, so here's a photo of the first quilt I made for my bed. I won some of the blocks in a monthly block raffle that one of the LQS used to have, and then made a few more. Our bed is troublesome because it has huge posts at the foot, so quilts have to have a square cut out at each side -- when I had this long-armed, I had to baste in some muslin squares so that she could load it on the machine properly!
I have a new bed quilt waiting to be quilted, but I'm still nervous about starting in because it's so big. I should probably just suck it up and send it to a professional, so that I can have it on the bed before another year goes by... guess I have to take all the pins out first, though!
The "Winter" round of the Four Seasons Quilt Swap is starting up soon. This is for small quilts (16" - 20" square, I think) and the "Fall" quilts were wonderful! Check out my sidebar and click on the button for more information or to sign up.

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a beautiful bed--and quilt--and I love that red wall!!! :)

DPUTiger said...

I had the only bed-size quilt I've made quilted by a friend with a longarm. The second one was the Painful Pineapple, and I couldn't stand to work on it for another second, so it is also being quilted on a longarm by a professional. I I'd like to take a hack at a queen size quilt one of these days, I just haven't found that correct project yet. :)

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

It's beautiful - I love the red. One day I want to make a traditional quilt with a bright red setting square.