Sunday, November 04, 2007

a little something from my garden

I found this big beauty in my garden yesterday -- actually, I've never seen a real live mantis before! She (I think it's a she) is 3 inches long, and has been hanging out in the Mexican Marigold for at least two days now... guess I won't be pruning that overgrown bush anytime soon.


I've managed to get a little sewing done this weekend, but just a little. I finished sewing together the "Trees on my Table" top that I showed last time. I won't add another photo of it until it's quilted.
And, I finished up my oldest UFO -- these were the first blocks I made from actual instructions -- Quilts, Quilts and More Quilts to be exact! I made them about 7 years ago and had assembled them into part of a top a couple of years ago. Not very exciting, but I feel like I've come a long way (baby)! This is the quilt that I did feathers on a couple of weeks ago. They came out better than I expected, but not really even... All the fabrics are either vegetables or bugs.

2 comments:

DPUTiger said...

I would probably cringe and run away if I could see my first quilts now. Made from my still-favorite "Quilts for Baby, Easy as ABC" book, they have hopefully been loved into oblivion by now ... but I still have some of the flannel I used on the backs! :)

Juliann in WA said...

Love your garden picture - our garden is pretty much asleep up here but I can dream of sping.