Monday, October 29, 2007

trees all around

I did it -- or most of it, anyway! Kim issued a challenge to make a table-topper over the weekend from Marcie's free pattern, and here it is. I only need to sew the last border pieces together now. It's so cute -- about 24" square, and all from stash!

I also finished up the Oriental Bookcase wall-hanging that I was making for the retiring treasurer of my local Friends of the Library board -- however, now he says he's not going to retire for another year! A friend suggested that I show him the quilt but tell him he can't have it until next year....

Maybe not a big deal for those of you who livein other places, but we seem to have a distinct shortage of really interesting clouds here... although we do have great sunsets. This was an early (for me) morning view up behind our house at what someone called "sheep clouds". I guess I need to be up at 6 more often!

10 comments:

Marcie said...

Thanks for letting me know about your tree quilt. It turned out very cute! I will get it on my website right away. Let me know when you get a final photo!

Suzanne Earley said...

What a cute pattern! Adorable!

Jeanne said...

Your table topper and shelf quilt are both really wonderful! You had a productive week-end. Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Nice work on both of these projects. Thanks for letting me know you took up my challenge! The clouds are cool too! I noticed on my way to work this a.m. that the clouds were looking pretty interesting, and of course we've had these weather cells moving through most of the day with thunder and lightening on my way home from work--I guess you must have woken up Thor with your remarks! LOL!

paula, the quilter said...

I'm loving all the different looks to Marcie's tree quilt pattern. I don't have enuf time to make one right now, but I sure am enjoying the eye candy.

Helen in the UK said...

Both quilts are great - but I really LOVE the xmas tree one :)

gwen said...

I like very much your xmas tree quilt. Maybe I will make one this week-end too!
Thank you very much for sharing the many pictures of the Pacific Quilt Festival. It is always interesting to see what is going on in other parts of the world. Take care.

Sweet P said...

What a cute table topper. Those clouds are gorgeous.

hooli said...

I really like that trees all around pattern. where did you get it? would be a good one for the fourseasons quilt swap.

hooli said...

ok... i'm a dork. i just followed the link where you reveal your tree pattern source. it's wonderful. will definitely try to get it on the list of WIPs