Friday, October 26, 2007

photo help needed!

basically -- what software do you use to create a grid of photos? I tried Picasa (hate that program!) but it won't let you put the photos in a grid in the order you want... no "drag and drop" function -- you just have to accept the random arrangement they give you!


I'm trying to set up my own virtual design wall of the NYB blocks I'm making for a BOM project on one of the lists. So, I want to put the blocks in my own particular order. This is how it looks so far, but nothing's in the right place:

I get so mad at myself for letting myself get totally frustrating by the #@!&&%! computer... where's the chocolate, anyway?

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Chocolate will help immensely! I would use my Photoshop Elements or even PowerPoint. But if I didn't have either of those I would probably print out pictures of the blocks and move them around on paper. I don't know why but sometimes I like that method much better than the computer!

paula, the quilter said...

I use an older version of CorelDraw. But like Vicki I have printed out scaled down versions of the blocks, cut them out and played with them. I haven't been able to get a reliable computer layout when I set the blocks on point. There's something to be said for the "old school" way.