Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I did it!

I figured out how to get a photo banner with words on it onto the blog! I'm busy patting myself on the back now...


Bloxorz update: I'm on level 33, the last level. Several people, including 10-year-olds, have crowed about finishing. I'm trying to ignore the humiliation (and the game) but you can tell it's eating at me.


I've finished my Autumn top for the 4 seasons swap -- now I have to get busy and quilt it. I'm going on vacation at the end of next week, so it might be this weekend's project. We're having a bit of a heat-wave here, and the idea of quilting anything is not too appealing, but if I've gotta quilt something it might as well be a mini! Here's a picture -- autumn to me has to include pumpkins. Of course I can't say who's going to receive this one...

17 comments:

dot said...

Very cute. Enjoy your week away.

Vicki W said...

Great banner and I love the pumpkin!

Barb said...

I adore your quilt. Is it something you created? Very cool.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

I was just visiting to look at your banner problem, but you have it all sorted. How did you put those words on there?

Ms. Jan said...

Julie, I love your new banner! Very cute and very creative. =)

I still can't get past level 8.....#$%@$%

Hedgehog said...

Love your autumn quilt! So wish I'd joined the swap - will have to join the next round!

I don't have many fall colors in my stash here - but it's certainly fall here! It was 6C here this morning!

Good back to school weather!

floribunda said...

Barb -- the pumpkin came from an old Quiltmaker magazine (September 2003) but you can get the pattern at their website in the "extras".

Jenni -- I used "Paint" to add words to my photo, but it's not the best software because it doesn't let you edit what you've done!

Sweet P said...

I like your new banner and your pumpkin is adorable.

CONNIE W said...

The new banner is looking good, the books, teapot, and cat. At first I didn't see them. Great idea.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Love your new banner and 4 Seasons Quilt!

Helen in the UK said...

Love the little pumpkin quilt. Great new banner too :)

Andrea said...

Fantastic little quilt ! Definitely says Autumn to me ! Some-one will be lucky to get it.

Marisa said...

Very cute banner! Like what you're doing with your quilting. Very cool!! Your blog is enjoyable!

jovaliquilts said...

GREAT banner! Really like it. And the quilt is terrific -- lucky person who gets it! I hope your heat breaks soon.

Nancy said...

I'm very impressed with the banner. Someday . . . .

Anne Ida said...

Your pumpkin is really cute!

Rose Marie said...

This mini just screams autumn ... well done!