Monday, July 16, 2007

another round of rows...

My little online group has started up another row robin series (you may remember my fabulous all-neutral rows from last time... just scroll back a little bit) and it's looking like another interesting year! I found a fun geometric print at the LQS a while back and decided that everyone should make me blocks that were a variation on log cabins -- here's my starting row of 6" blocks:


Lou Ann started with a row that looks like a white picket fence, and asked the group to make flowers for her garden. I made pansies from the Laura Nownes / Diana McClun book "Say it With Quilts" -- these are also 6":

And, I finished the mystery top from the Memorial Day retreat I went to -- here it is:

I couldn't get back far enough to get the whole thing in the frame! It's about 64" square. I'm usually pretty lazy about making pieced borders, but I'm glad I took the time to do it on this one. The medium blue fabric is actually a pansy print, so I guess there's a theme to this post!

I'm gonna leave you with a link for the most addictive computer game I've found in quite a while. It's called Bloxorz, and there are 33 levels. So far I've gotten to 13 and can't seem to progress any further... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/bloxorz The cool thing is that you can save the game at whatever level you get so, write down the password, and then go back to the same place the next time you visit! You'll either love it or hate it -- if you love it, don't say I didn't warn you!

11 comments:

dot said...

Great mystery quilt. Your colors are wonderful. I like the pansy blocks also. I am addicted to the game and am stuck on level 27. Don't you hate it when you accidently send the stupid block the wrong direction? Enjoy the game.

Melzie said...

Holy cow thats hard but super fun :) xo melzie

Laurie Ann said...

Great idea for your rows. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

Those pansies are fabulous, I may have to look into that book!'

Drats, I guess I'll have to try that game!

Helen in the UK said...

The pansies are wonderful. Great idea to get everyone to make flowers - bet it will be a real beauty when it's done :)

paula, the quilter said...

Nope. Not a gamer, but those pansy blocks are super!

The Carolina Quilter said...

Very pretty. I love that last one and glad you did the pieced border!

Nana's Quilts said...

Heavens above - what have you done to all of us? I didn't get very far, but then I wanted to keep reading blogs for a while. I've written down the code, so will go back.

Thanks, I think.
Marne

jovaliquilts said...

Your row robin (or whatever it's called) sounds like such fun. Love your variations on the log cabin, really fun, and the pansies are stunning! I own that book and have made one thing from it, but clearly need to do more ...
Cheri

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

I'm loving the pansies.

Sonnja said...

Hello,

The pansies are wonderful I like it.
Regards,

Sonnja from the Netherlands

Samantha said...

You have been busy! I love those pansies!