Saturday, June 02, 2007

live from New York...

it's Saturday Night! I'm here in the big apple for business meetings on Monday and Tuesday, but I came today so that I'll have all day tomorrow to wander around, hit Purl Patchwork and City Quilter and MOMA. I haven't been here for about 12 years.



It's hot (why do I keep ending up in really hot places lately?)



The company I'm meeting with is paying my way, and they've put me up at the Millenium Hilton. I knew it was downtown, but I didn't really think about the actual location until I looked out my 15th floor window directly down on "ground zero" -- the World trade Center site. yikes! I hadn't really made up my mind about whether I wanted to see it, and here it is. I'm not quite sure what they're doing, but there's a lot of activity -- they didn't completely stop working until about 9 pm tonight.



Nothing really quilty to report. I haven't done anything since last weekend's retreat except to load my charity quilt back on the the handi-quilter for another go, now that I've sort of figured out the thread/tension thing. Luckily, I only had to frog-stitch one 4-inch swath of bad quilting!

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, have fun! The last time I was in NY I spent a couple hours at the City Quilter. It was wonderful! Don't know how much time you have, but my new favorite thing in NYC is the Lower East Side Tenement tour. Enjoy -- too bad you also have to work while you're there!
Cheri

Connie said...

I adore New York and would enjoy the sights and sounds once more but since our family who once lived there has moved far away we don't go back. Seeing New York the first time certainly broadened my horizons and whetted my appetite for city life. I hope your visit there is a wonderful one this time.

Granny Fran said...

Oh, I so want to visit New York City! I particularly want to see the Cloisters. We would like to see the World Trade Center site because in the 1600s my husband's ancestor farmed that land and lived just north of what is now Broadway and Wall Street, which was then actually the city wall for New Amsterdam.