Monday, May 21, 2007

one more photo today

Jenni asked for a picture of my chevron scarf, so I'm obliging her... keep in mind that this hasn't been blocked so it's a bit wobbly!

This is an incredibly popular pattern these days -- it comes from a book called "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. This probably takes longer than anything in the book; it's quite easy but you still have to pay close attention every 4th row. I'm using two colors of Koigu hand-dyed wool, which is wonderful to work with and seems to be going a really long way! I think this is about 2 feet long -- hope to have it done by the time the weather gets cold again. It's a good bus and airplane project since it's so compact.

2 comments:

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Thanks for the photo! Love your colours - lucky you to use the Koigu yarn. I like the way it seems to be so closely wound (if that makes any sense) when I look at it close up. Only on the computer of course - not in the flesh. My scarf is nearly finished. I will attempt to block it, which will be the first time I've tried it.

Samantha said...

Every time I see another of these gorgeous scarves, I think it's time for me to start one. Love the colors you've used!