Saturday, May 05, 2007

long time no see...

It has been a while. In the meantime I've been playing around with my sister, who left this evening to go home to Tasmania. I probably won't see her until Thanksgiving 2008, which is a big birthday for her -- Al and I are plotting a trip to New Zealand and Tassie.

And, I also spent a few days at some business meetings in New Orleans -- hadn't been there for about 14 years or so. Hot, hot, steamy and hot. I don't understand how all those guys could stand to wear business suits!

I had the obligatory beignets and cafe' au lait at the Cafe' du Monde; tried to get a muffaletta for early dinner one night but the Central Grocery sold their last one to the guy ahead of me in line (sniff); and managed to avoid all offers to take a "Katrina tour". I would have liked to go down a day or two early and get involved with one of the rebuilding projects, but my schedule just wouldn't permit.

My youngest brother has been living in New Orleans for the last year, so I also had the chance to see him & his family (3 kids 8-and-under and another on the way, and not for any religious reasons, either!) We had an adults-only dinner one night at a very cool restaurant called "Fire", which is in a refurbished old firehouse. I had my camera in my suitcase, but not-so-cleverly forgot to take it with me to his house.

I think I finally found the right sashing for my neutral row robin quilt, and you'll be seeing a picture soon. I've also sashed the very-bright 4-patch stack & whack blocks and will be adding the border this week.

1 comment:

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Sounds like you have been busy. I totally understand the stomp;ing around, I've beenn doing a lot of that lately. As for Help why do they call it that? There never seems to be any. It's sort of like calling our everyday bank account 'a savings account'. I think it should be renamed spendings. Good luck with the quilt machine - I would love one too. I tried a frame at a recent craft show and put it on my list of things I'd buy if I came into some money (unlikely).