Tuesday, February 27, 2007

robin comes home

I belong to a small online group that does a variety of quilty swaps. A while back I organized a round robin and a row robin -- and ended up participating in both! I posted a photo of my round robin back here; and now my rows have come home, too! (here's the post with my original row) And here are all six rows:
I absolutely love this, even though it is so different from all the brightly-colored quilts I usually make. Or maybe because it's so different... I'm planning to use a slightly darker brown sashing and a rich burnt-0range for cornerstones. And I know I don't have the right fabrics in my stash, so-- oh boy -- a bona fide reason to shop.

Here's a picture of my latest Lazy Girl Designs "Towne Purse" -- this is a late holiday gift for my massage therapist (who's also a quilter!). She provided most of the the fabrics -- fishy stuff to remind her of a recent vacation in Hawaii.

10 comments:

May Britt said...

Love your Row Robin. It is so deliciuos. How big are the blocks?

Lisa D. said...

Oh my goodness, that quilt is just beautiful. So subtle and yet stunning!

Kay said...

The neutral quilt is lovely, even without any sashing.

Linda_J said...

two very different projects here other than the obvious--one a quilt and the other a bag. Bright and then neutrals. Subtle and pow!

I'll be doing a row robin with 4 friends--not the same bunch as before. Need to decide on blocks and such---soon.

Sweet P said...

Your Row Robin is stunning. I'm generally not a fan of beige fabrics, but to see them in your quilt might change my mind.

The fish bag is adorable. What a nice way to create reminders of special events.

paula, the quilter said...

Your neutral Row Robin is beautiful. Post an image when you have it done? Please?

Rose said...

this quilt is just lovely......subtle yet striking. Love the bag!!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

That quilt is going to look stunning on a bed! Despite having heaps of quilts I usually put just plain white duvet covers on in the summer - so light and airy. Love this quilt!!!

I've been making bags too - and just got the new LL Bean catalog with their $55 small canvas bags and smiled and smiled - I just made on sort-ov like theirs!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Debra Spincic said...

OH, OH Love the neutral quilt top!! That is a beautiful piece.

Lazy Girl said...

Your quilt is wonderful and your Towne Purse is fun, fun, fun!

Very nice,
Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs