Monday, January 08, 2007

small steps

I see that Blogger finally fixed the bug that wouldn't allow me to add photos if I signed in on the "beta" page...

This is round two of the Ostrich Round Robin -- the instructions were "Binary" -- a border using only two colors. My husband thought it was going to be awful -- the colors don't go! -- but I assured him that I was trying to pick up the fruit colors from the original tree, and that I needed to spice it up a bit after the first, boring border. I'm really quite pleased with it! I can't wait to see what the next round is going to be.

I'm plugging away at my first journal quilt. It's also my first attempt at designing my own paper-piecing pattern, so it's a bit crude. I should have a photo by the end of the week!

7 comments:

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

It looks great!

computerpeach said...

wow - that does look great!!!

I promise to get the new area ready for the challenges by monday... :D

joyce said...

Very nice. Your border does definitely brighten it up.

Ms. Jan said...

Looks GREAT!!!

Bingo~Bonnie said...

I've never heard of an ostrich round before? Is that b/c the final quilt is not square -I am guessing??? I love your spiky reds! They do bring out the fruit in the tree!!! Great idea! ~Bonnie

Susan said...

That's looking wonderful! Every time I see the center, I want to embroider on it. =)

mrschili said...

I'm visiting you because you visited me. I know zip-point-nada about quilting, but can appreciate pretty stuff when I see it. Those little bags from a couple of posts ago are just ADORABLE. I envy people who can create tangible art. I'm a writer - I don't make anything pretty.

How did the story of the missing postal receipt end up?