Friday, January 05, 2007

not another meme...

Debra tagged all of us, and since many of Teri's answers were similar to mine, I was inspired to cut and paste...

THE ABC'S OF MY QUILTING STYLE

A- Artist? I loved Katie Pasquini Masopast's quilts at Houston last year; lots of designers who do interesting things with a block format -- Margaret Miller, Judy Martin, Beth Ferrier; and I'm blown away by what I see on the blogs every day!

B- Best Blogging Buddies? I read a ton of blogs -- quilting ones along with a few local columnists, some knitting, some wordy stuff... and I do feel like I "know" some of these people even though I haven't met them in person (yet)

C- Crazy or Sane Quilting? I haven't gotten into the crazy quilt thing, although I love the way they look! I did, however, make the "Nearly Insane" quilt (see prior blog posts) -- which was pretty crazy.

D- Dyeing or Stamping? Dyeing -- althought I haven't tried it yet

E- Essential Item? a great sewing machine and a sharp rotary blade!

F- Favorite Fabrics? batiks -- although I certainly have a lot of other stuff, too! I'm attracted to bright colored geometric prints, but have a hard time finding ways to use them

G- Great Quilt Design? I love storm-at-sea, and patterns like Judy Martin's Shakespeare in the Park that flow so beautifully

H- Hand or Machine Quilt? Machine only

I- Indispensable Notion? a good seam ripper

J- Janome or Bernina? No -- Pfaff and Brother

K- Kits or Original Designs? No kits -- picking fabrics is my favorite part of quilting!

L- Life in the Studio is? Better than almost anything (and messy!)

M- Most Projects Made in One Year? I haven't really counted, but I'm reasonably productive

N- Number of Gadgets? I have no idea... I'm not a huge notions junkie, but I do have quite a number of rulers.

O- OH, I wish I hadn’t. . . . .? Bought all of this novelty fabric!!

P- Pet Peeves about Quilting? I'm sure I have some, but they're escaping me at the moment -- oh here's one: commercial patterns that are poorly written or have obvious mistakes. I think if you're going to charge $8-10 for a pattern, it should be well-proofed! (this has been an issue with some purse patterns I've used)

Q- Quilt Show? I like PIQF (my closest"big show") and Voices in Cloth, which is a show put on by my local guild every other year

R- Reason to Rip Out? paper-piecing mistakes where the fabric doesn't quite cover the space; obviously mis-matched seams -- I'm not an obsessive perfectionist but my style is more precise than some of my friends!

S- Sewing or Knitting? I do a little knitting, too...

T- Tag, You're It! consider yourself tagged

U- UFOs? I have about 25 UFO's. Many are completed tops that just need to be quilted someday

V- Vexing Quilt Pattern? I like challenging patterns, but there are limits -- I don't do much of anything that has to be done by hand, for instance.

W- Wishlist Item? If I had the room, I might like a long arm

X- Xtra Fabric you will never use? Novelty prints; large pieces of ugly stuff I bought for backings.

Y- Your Biggest Goof? can't think of one...

Z- Zip! I don't have a clue what this means! But yes, I do know how to insert a zipper.


4 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

It sounds like you need a longarm!

the Zip! was--wave a magic wand and Zip! it would be done--what is it? (but the translation didn't work well!)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

How fun! Sounds like you need to find a quick, easy pattern for some of those novelties that are eating at you!!! My little 3.5 year old just loves fun fabrics in quilts and I NEED to start putting some goofy fabrics in my serious quilts - just for a bit of humor and fun! Why not?

Cheers!

Evelyn

DPUTiger said...

If you're interested, I may have a GREAT recipient if you want to donate that novelty fabric. I've heard PIQF is great. I always manage to get to Road to Calif., which is exhausting but much fun!

I LOVE YOU said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.