Wednesday, January 31, 2007

dinnertime!

I don't usually post about food, but last night I made these baby back ribs from a recipe in Parade magazine (from the Sunday paper) and they are sooooo good! Scroll all the way down to the last recipe, called "first down ribs". I used extra-meaty ribs from my local butcher -- he calls them "gormet baby back ribs", but the regular ones would be fine. I usually just open Parade to read the hokey celebrity interview, but this time those ribs just jumped off the page at me!

If I weren't so lazy, I'd go to the store for a cabbage to make some slaw... but instead I'm just eating a handful of baby carrots.

In other news, I made a rash decision a couple of weeks ago to buy a Handiquilter frame with all the bells & whistles from someone fairly local who had upgraded -- she couldn't set up her new system until she got rid of the old one. It's not like I really have a place to put it.. from now on I think any houseguests will sleep on the living room floor, or in a local hotel. Right now, it's in a big pile on the floor behind the sofa because I don't have a table for it, and I won't have time to get to Costco for a couple more weeks. I'm a bit intimidated about assembling it all -- seems a little more complicated than the Ikea furniture I'm used to.

Do any of you hordes of readers (LOL) use one of these things? I know that the Brother 1500 list has a bunch of users, and there's probably a separate list for HQ. Was I crazy to buy this?

4 comments:

DPUTiger said...

You weren't crazy to buy it. It'll be just like your 1500 ... perhaps a little challenging to start with, but you'll make friends with it and be zipping away in no time!

I'm sure there's a Yahoo! group and if they are half as helpful as the PQ1500 group you'll be off and running before you know it :)

Pam said...

I know nothing about the Handi-Quilter but the back ribs reciped did look really good. I saved the page, I think I have a couple of packages of back ribs in my freezer now in fact. Thanks for the link.

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

The recipes look great! As far as the handiquilter, I know nothing about them really, but I am jealous! Who needs house guests?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

There is a great Yahoo group - Homequiltingsystems - lots of different home systems are represented!

Cheers!

Evelyn