Friday, December 15, 2006

I did it!

switched to Beta, that is... so far it's been easy, although their "drag and drop" formatting isn't doing what I want, so I guess I'll need to wade back in and mess with the html. I'm used to having my posts on the left and the sidebar on the right, but blogger doesn't want me to drag those things around -- or maybe I'm just dragging them in the wrong order! **

I also noticed that my date & title stuff was disappearing intermittently when I tried to change the font and color. And yes -- I realize it's a bit of a rainbow at the moment, but I had to go a little crazy after all that black type for all these months.

And, I don't quite get the whole labels thing: I think I might have about 3 categories: blogger rants, quilting, and travel. Hopefully not in that order!

** Update: fixing the template was SO easy! all I had to do was change "right" to "left" and then "left" to "right" -- thanks again to Linda J who taught me to not be (quite so) scared of html!

10 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations

It looks good. Some of the new beta blogger things are quite a bit easier than the old blogger. I still don't like having to sign in all the time though - maybe I should stop complaining about it now -- LOL

joyce said...

My switch went well too but if you want your email to show you have to go in and check it. The default is no email and a lot of people who used to have their email address shown are now incognito.

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Welcome to Beta! You're looking good. I don't use the label thing at all. So far. I didn't know you could switch the right and the left -- I might give that a try because my previous template was that way and I liked it better.

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

PS: WHERE do I go to find the "right" and the "left"? I went to TEMPLATE and didn't see those options? Help?

Susan said...

Once you start using tags (labels in Blogger), it makes it so much easier to find things you've posted! You'll wonder how you ever got by without them.

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

I use the labels too, but didn't when I started. You have to add labels to your sidebar to make it available for others to use though.

Linda_J said...

I had to chuckle, you know, about the "quite so" scared part about HTML. Once you can pick out the pattern it gets better---honest!

I've not tried to mess too much with the template lately but I do want to go back and work on my web page design self teaching stuff now that my time is my own again.

Love the bags from the previous posts, Julie!

Ms. Jan said...

Looking good Julie!!

Kay said...

Looks good. As for the labels, I always forget. I don't see much point anyway.

QuiltingFitzy said...

OK, so it's just cold here!

Glad you switched over, thankfully my dd loves to take care of her Mom even 2500 miles away, she switched my blog overnight one day.

Happy Holidays!