Monday, December 11, 2006

the gift parade .. and my braggie!


I'm moving right along on the gift thing... finished up the last 3 "Sassy Bags" today, for a sister-in-law and a friend and her daughter -- hope they like them! Yesterday I found out that I drew another sister-in-law's name for the gift exhange on my husband's side of the family, so I'm thinking about whipping up some placemats of some sort.

This next photo is the row robin I just sent off -- I did the row of Darting Birds at the top. It was one of those blocks I had looked at for years but hadn't ever made one -- I think they're pretty cute! I keep thinking that one day I'll go through my copies of all the "Around the Block" books and make one of each... ha ha ha.

And finally -- my Braggie! After two of my local friends submitted quilts to PIQF without telling me -- and got accepted -- I was really jealous. So, I submitted my Nearly Insane quilt to Road to California at the last minute, and just received my acceptance notice a couple of days ago! I'm totally jazzed, of course, since it's the first time I've tried to put something in a juried show. And, it's a good excuse to go to the show for the first time. Any of you out there in blog-land planning to attend? I'll probably go down on Saturday and come back Sunday afternoon, late enough that I can pick up my quilt and avoid the extra mailing charges.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing quilt! Love the colours too. No wonder it was accepted.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It is a beautiful quilt.

Anonymous said...

The bags look nice. I am sure they will love to receive them. I hope your quilt is doing great at the show. Let us hear as soon as you know.

Patti said...

Congratulations on being accepted! I can certainly understand why they chose it. It's a wonderful quilt - so intricate and detailed.

Jeri said...

WOW! Congratulations on your acceptance to Road. Awesome! Its a fabulous quilt!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Nearly Insane is very very beautiful. No wonder it was accepted!!! It is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Nearly Insane is very very beautiful. No wonder it was accepted!!! It is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

The bags are darling, great color combinations. And congratulations! I'm also going to have a quilt in that show, so I know just how you feel. I won't be going, but my quilt will. Your quilt is terrific, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Your nearly insane quilt is totally fantastic!! Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love that quilt and may have to "go insane" myself. Will be at Road to CA Thursday evening to Sunday. Can't wait to see your quilt and perhaps even meet you in real life!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having your quilt accepted for Road to CA - good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love your bags ~ great gifts!
Your "Insane" quilt is absolutely wonderful~thank you for sharing pic~very inspiring! I will look for it at "Rd"

Anonymous said...

You're so smart to get some things made for Christmas gifts--I say I am going to every year and here it is again--and it's not like they change the date on me every year!

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to get one of your "Sassy Bags". Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the quilt's acceptance. Great work on the Sassy bags, too...they are adorable.

Shelina said...

Your bags are so cute. If your friends don't love them, you can always give them to me. Your quilt is so incredibly beautiful, that it is obvious tht it would have been accepted. I hope both you and the quilt have a great time at the show and come back with a ribbon or two.