Monday, December 25, 2006

December 25


Happy Holidays!


Blogger is being a PITA this morning. If I sign in to beta-blogger, it won't let me add pictures -- just keep saying "sorry, we couldn't complete your request." After scrolling through a couple pages of their help board, I found a suggestion to sign in under "old" blogger instead of "new" blogger... and the photos worked!

Anyway, after that little rant... Merry Christmas! The photo is a scrap wreath I made this year, f0llowing an idea at
gotfabric.com. Mine looks a little more scraggly that their example, but at least it's not dropping needles all over the porch.

This is what I did yesterday -- it's the annual Christmas mystery from A Pocket Full of Mysteries, except that I turned the blocks arouhd to form a diamond instead of an "X" in the middle. The focus fabric is splotches of paint, and I think this will be a baby gift for one of my sisters-in-law later in 2007; one's expecting her first at the age of 43(!) and the other's expecting her fourth (equally !)

6 comments:

computerpeach said...

very cool wreath - hoping you have a great day!! Merry Christmas!

Sweet P said...

I like your Hatchet Hall quilt. I belong to that group too but I didn't participate in this mystery. Too many last many gifts to work on. Are you going to do her next mystery?

Debra Spincic said...

Happy Holidays! Like the wallhanging (or baby quilt)!

Helen in the UK said...

Love your xmas mystery top. I did the xmas and the new year mystery with Dorothy last year, but didn't get a chance this year .... yet! Love seeing all the different interpreations. Merry xmas to you :)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, first visit-opened up straight to the wreath I got as a hostess gift and posted a week or so ago!! Seeing we have so much in common, I'll have to come back. Off now to catch up on some more of your quilting life, tracey

Scrapmaker said...

Fun scrappy wreath, and the quilt is nice too. I especially like that paint splotched fabric. Jen