Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wednesday...

Back from Portland -- we had a great time. I spent an hour in Fabric Depot and managed to get out for a lot less than I could have... what a great collection of batiks and marbles and other "textures" -- it's cool to see "krystal" and "crush" and "marble" and some of the other lines all together so that you can really tell what the differences are! Plus -- they sell chocolate at the checkout line!

We drove out about 100 miles along the Columbia Gorge on Sunday, in miserable weather, so that my husband could show me where he's been doing some work recently -- of course when we got to the site, the visibility was so bad it was pointless. So, we drove back partway and went to the Discovery Center in The Dalles and had lunch in Hood River in the middle of an amazing snowfall. There were the biggest snowflakes I'd ever seen -- many were an inch wide or more! Watching from inside the cafe, it looked like someone shaking out a feather pillow... just beautiful!

Now for something a little quilty -- a picture of the "Borsa" bag I mentioned in my last post. This one's for one of my sisters-in-law. Coincidentally, after I posted about the poor-ish instructions, someone on one of the lists posted a link to a very similar pattern -- except that a few of the squares were knitted instead of just fabric. I've been trying to find the link to this,but it's eluding me today.
I am now going to go finish the border for a round robin, and dig out my boxes of already-cut strips for a little minigroup exchange this weekend: I'm supposed to have a little baggie of strips for each of the other 4 in the group -- the theory being that it's more fun using other people's scraps!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though that bag gave you trouble, it's lovely. And I love your fabric choices.

Anonymous said...

What a nice looking bag! I made a whole bunch of bags one year and am thinking it may be time to make some more . . . . I like Scrappy Sack pattern.

Anonymous said...

I love the bag and I've heard from several people that the pattern is not easy! The blues are just beautiful!!

Sweet P said...

I love big fat snowflakes. I am waiting so impatiently for snow here in New England.

Angie said...

LOVE that bag...don't know what it is with me right now, but I want to make bags, and every one that I see I think I need to make!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Looks like oriental themed fabrics in your bag there? Well done in spite of the obstacles the pattern posed.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

This is a great bag - thanks for posting a link later for the pattern (I like your version with all fabric, but that is the quilter in me!).

Cheers!

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Very Nice. I also make the scrappy sack and love the pattern. I lost the directions that were in a box during the flood. I can't remember where NOT to sew to allow me to turn the bag/liner rightside out...could someone email me that info, please. Thanks! B Griffin
griffin@metrocast.net