Wednesday, November 08, 2006

let's get metaphysical

Thanks to Average Jane for this one --


You are The Wheel of Fortune


Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of
intoxication with success


The Wheel of Fortune is all about big things, luck, change, fortune. Almost always good fortune. You are lucky in all things that you do and happy with the things that come to you. Be careful that success does not go to your head however. Sometimes luck can change.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

I'm recovering from election day today. Overall, the results nationwide made me very, very happy... but my local library bond measure, which needed a 2/3 majority to pass, fell about 2,100 votes short at 63.5%. Very disappointing! I've been on the campaign committee and we've worked really hard for the last two months.

Our local newspaper, which is really pretty awful, came out against the measure without even talking to anyone on "our" side -- they printed an editorial with a ton of mis-information provided by the local coalition-to-oppose-everything. I bought a subscription not too long ago, thinking I should support them -- but it's going to get cancelled as soon as I remember to call them up!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Libraries, which should be at the top of the list, are usually at the bottom. I'm sorry it didn't pass!