Friday, October 06, 2006

various & sundry

First of all, I've realized that the crazy cat quilt is not for an auction after all -- it's a "cat-themed art show and sale" for the Berkeley-East Bay Humane Society. What this means is that I have to set a price for it! Yikes! I need help from all of you -- what should I price it at? (it measures about 37"x43" -- photo posted a couple of days ago)

What else... I did finish round 1 of the Ostrich Round Robin. I tried to get my husband to design a "boxed in" border for me, but he really only likes to get involved with arranging blocks once they're all made. So I took the minimalist approach and did a simple log-cabin border. I promise to spice this up a bit on the next round. The instructions are supposed to come out on the 15th, and I think we have three whole months for that round.

We had a few days of fall weather here -- a whole inch of rain in one day. Every year my cat has to re-learn about rain, and he always acts a) like it's some personal affront to him and b) like I should be able to do something about it! It's pretty pathetic listening to him sit by the cat-door and whine; and after a while it stops being pathetic and just gets annoying... then he starts the crazy-cat routine and runs around the house chasing invisible moths. I don't know which is worse! Might be time for kitty Prozac.

6 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Gosh, I have no idea what I would price something at. Sorry! I do love that little tree, though. It's gorgeous.

Linda_J said...

The organizers didn't give you any guidelines?? Laurie Ann at quilting rush might have some ideas though as she did some things for a event to benefit dogs.

Your center is busier so the log cabins work well for a "calmer" round.

computerpeach said...

your round is very cute! I agree that since your center is busier, you needed something a little calmer :D

as far as price - I have no clue!!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

That's a tough one. Yes maybe a quilt shop owner might be able to help.

Susan said...

I love your tree! I want to embellish it. =)

Average Jane said...

Your quilts are beautiful! Don't price it too low!