Monday, October 23, 2006

time for my close-up

I think I've figured out that Blogger is more likely to upload my photos if I do that first, instead of trying after I've already written whatever I want to say. Maybe I'm just deluding myself...

Anyway, I'm adding a closeup of the Japanese Puzzle, so that you can see what the "puzzle" is. If you just look at the red& white pieces, it's hard to figure out how the thing was assembled -- that's the puzzle! Actually, you cut a diamond shape of each fabric, cut each into 4 (uneven) pieces, and then reassemble in a different order. There's a very good pattern in the April 2001 issue of Quilter's Newsletter Magazine, and you can buy templates from Come Quilt With Me or equiltusa.com -- although I had my template made from the magazine article at Tap Plastics.


And, I finished up the first of my holday gift purses. This one is for a 15-year-old niece -- it has a pocket on the back and another inside; the inside is lime-green swirls

9 comments:

Dana said...

Very cute LGD Sassy!! I'm sure your niece will love it :)

Linda_J said...

The puzzle looks complicated! Love the purse--those big bright circles are wonderful.

computerpeach said...

Love the purse -- really cute!

Laurie Ann said...

Great bag!!! Your niece will really like it.

I too have problems sometimes reading the weird fonts they use for word verification!!!

Angie said...

Your niece is a lucky girl...I love your bag!

Sweet P said...

I still don't quite get the quilt, but that's OK. The bag is adorable.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

I love the idea of the Japanese puzzle. I too have heard others say that it is better to do photos first, which is what I do now. Then I drag them down to where I want them.

Nancy said...

Thanks for posting the closeup. If I squint real close I think I can see the pattern in this. Might just have to give it a try - on a very small piece. :-)

Susan said...

Great Japanese puzzle blocks. I love the way it looks.