Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday morning

note: edited later the same day to include the photos that blogger wouldn't let me add earlier!

I spent the weekend at Pacific International Quilt Festival. There were some lovely quilts, and for better or worse I wasn't as tempted by the vendors this year -- although I did manage to spend a little here and there...

I might set up an album of PIQF 2006 photos on my Yahoo site (link on the sidebar) but in the meantime here are pictures of just a couple of my favorites:

Well, actually, blogger doesn't seem to be interested in uploading photos this morning. Didn't they just say they had improved their service? Does anyone use a different blog service that actually works consistently? (I know I can use Picassa to do photos, but I found that system to be really un-intuitive and didn't want to spend the time figuring out how to coordinate it with how I usually store my pictures)

I also finished up the Crazy Cats quilt, and I'll post a picture as soon as blogger finds its server again, or whatever the problem is.
Now I need to get to work on my round robin stuff, and this month's UFO commitments for a couple of challenges I signed up for when I was young and optimistic -- a few months ago!

6 comments:

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

A few months ago LOL! The cat quilt looks great - I think the border fabric was a great choice. I don't think I'm going to be too tempted tomorrow at the Fair either. I'm going to take a notebook and draw ideas mainly.

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

RE Blogger's inexplicable stubbornness vis-a-vis loading pics, I've discovered that if I use Foxfire to work with Blogger instead of IE, I can almost always get the photos loaded the first time and quickly, too.

Dana said...

Just recently found your blog. Love the kitty quilt...where is this pattern available?

Susan said...

I was there on Thursday. If you were, too, we might have passed each other in the crowd! It's interesting what we notice at a show. I don't remember either of the quilts you posted! I took about 175 quilt pics, and will be putting them on my photojournal, as I have time.

I use livejournal more than blogger, and don't have problems uploading - plus they go in the body of the message, not at the top. I'll be moving my quilting blog over there soon. Just need a day to get all the details sorted out.

Susan said...

I was there on Thursday. If you were, too, we might have passed each other in the crowd! It's interesting what we notice at a show. I don't remember either of the quilts you posted! I took about 175 quilt pics, and will be putting them on my photojournal, as I have time.

I use livejournal more than blogger, and don't have problems uploading - plus they go in the body of the message, not at the top. I'll be moving my quilting blog over there soon. Just need a day to get all the details sorted out.

juryizout said...

I like the the rocks and moss. Very realistic!