Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm showing in Houston!

That got your attnetion, didn't it? It's true, actually -- I have four little quilts in Ami Simm's Priority: Alzheimers sale. If you check out the link, mine are #453, 454, 466, and 467. I think I had posted a photo of one or two of them here before.

Elsewhere on her site are pictures of all the quilts sold so far -- and she's already collected quite a bit for the cause of research for a cure for this horrible disease. It was fun to have a reason to use some blocks that were lounging around here, and I'm proud to be part of her campaign!

9 comments:

Sweet P said...

Wow! Those are great little quilts. I hope they make good money. Congratulations.

Ms. Jan said...

Great little quilts Julie, and for such a good cause! Great work!!

Dana said...

Great work for a great cause :)
Love the dolphins.

Linda_J said...

Good for you, Julie! Well done and a good cause.

Susan said...

They are all great, but I absolutely love the dolphins! Too bad I'm not going to Houston, as I might be tempted to buy it!

Shelina said...

Congratulations on being shown in Houston! I had been meaning to send one or more of these little quilts to Ami, but never did get around to it. I did get some postcards sent for the cancer society, so I too will be represented in Houston.

Anonymous said...

Well done on the quilts.
Well done too on your excellent submission for my word imperfect blog! Thanks for visiting again. Hope the quilts sell well. All the best.

Laurie said...

Ooh, Julie, I like those! Especially the dolphin one. I have that orange fabric and have been trying to figure out what to do with it. It looks great as a sunset!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! How wonderful to be part of that project. My aunt, Jimmie, has Alzheimer's and I can hardly go visit her. She looks the most like my mother who died of cancer three years ago. Every time my Dad goes to see her, he says, this would kill your mother to see her like that. Sad.