Friday, September 15, 2006

thanks are in order

A big thank you to Linda J, who gave me a little tutorial on html -- I think I've now figured out how to get the side-bar lists where I want them and how to cross out things I've finished (not much, actually!)

Now if I can just remember to get the symbols in the right places... putting the slash after the "s" instead of in front of the "s" makes a big difference! (when I put the actual code into this post it crossed everything out -- good thing I previewed before publishing!)

Not much quilty to report, though. I'm working on several little things simultaneously so none of them are getting done. Hope to have progress and photos this weekend.

On the side, my city has a library bond measure on the ballot in November and I've been spending a lot of time at meetings (I'm president of the Friends of the Library at the moment) and there's going to be a lot of knocking on doors and phone-banks for the next couple of months. Phone banks -- don't you just hate those calls? So it's cutting into my quilting time, big time.

1 comment:

Linda_J said...

Yippee. Skippee---I think you've got it! I love the title you gave to your other list "distractions"

And you cannot have a list without the strikeouts to go with it, right? It gets easier the more you do it.

One of the towns here in Calhoun County is building a new library and there is currently a drive on to help fill it with books. The librarians have a wish list and I cannot tell if they us to raid our shelves, donate brand new copies from the wish list or just---probably any or all, LOL. Will stay tuned on that one.