Saturday, September 23, 2006

progress!

I'm feeling better, intermittently, and have actually gotten some sewing done. For instance, I finished up two of this month's round robin chores. One person really didn't want to see photos of her project, though... so if you're reading this, Michelle -- stop now!
I'll put the photo at the bottom of my post...


And, I finished the borders on my Batik Jewels quilt. I spread it out on the bed while my husband was still in it this morning -- he likes it! (good thing... since it's going on the bed!) I said "stay there, I need a photo of it" but he jumped out before I could get the camera. So you get a picture of Bucky instead, with Al's head trying not to be caught on "film".

Our bed has big posts at the bottom corners, so I have to do cut-out corners in my bed quilts. Al made the bed sometime in his crazy past, from cedar fence posts he scavenged somewhere. It's a lovely bed, even though I practically need a stepstool to get into it. And, I complain about the end posts be a hassle with respect to quilting, but they're so handy for tossing clothes on when I'm too lazy to put them away... (the dirty secrets come out!)

Here's the photo of the round robin, as promised. I think I showed the center block a while back; I added the print border and then the diamonds. The orange-y fabric is actually the same batik that she used in the center.

10 comments:

Leah S said...

I love your batik Jewel quilt!! Gotta put that on my "I wanna do it someday list..." :)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

My grandfather made some wonderful 4 posted beds and many of the old family quilts have the cut-outs at the bottom! One bed I had when I was little had carved pineapples on the top - I love 4 posted beds.

Great job on your quilt! It looks beautiful!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Sweet P said...

Love your batik Jewel cat . . . looks like the cat approves too. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

It's a lovely quilt. Glad you're feeling better

Hedgehog said...

Love the Round Robin - and those jewel tones! I love those old cut out quilts - not sure I'd want to make them, though!

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

A lovely quilt, and the RR is gorgeous, too.

Laurie said...

Both of them are lovely. Very pretty colors, and I really like the border of the jewel box quilt. Would you believe I've never made a pieced border? I love the way they look, but I'm always just so ready to be DONE that I throw on the normal borders and move on.

Shelina said...

Hi I followed you from a comment you made on Evelyn's blog. Of course as soon as I clicked on your name I realized that blogger didn't take my comment so I have to go back there.
But anyway, glad you are feeling better. That batik jewel quilt is so pretty - I really like the colors and the pattern you chose for it.

Anonymous said...

OK, this is my 4th attempt at leaving a comment, so forgive if 3 others show up! Just wanted to say I really like the jewel tone quilt and glad you are feeling better.

Lois in TN

DPUTiger said...

What pattern is this quilt from? I love the finished top and would love to add it to my "wouldn't that be great" pile!

:) amy