Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm a Winner!


Well, I'm not buying any fabric this month, but that doesn't mean I can't win some, right? One of the UFO challenges I joined was on a small Yahoo group, and I recently won 10 FQs -- they arrived yesterday, and quite a variety, I must say! I admit that often if I send in FQs to be used as prizes I go through my stash thinking about "why did I buy this" and "what have I used in something and never want to see it again" -- so I shouldn't be surprised by this set!




I do have to say, though, that these morning-glory things look like something from a sci-fi movie. Don't they just look like they're harboring little aliens that will take over the earth?
And -- strange as it may seem -- the green blobs are my favorite! I have no why it appeals to me; I'm think I'm going to try to work it into the Ostrich Round Robin (a few posts back) in one of the borders.



By the way, I didn't win the EBay auction -- I was bidding on the Buggy Barn book "The Crazy Things We Do" because I really want the Crazy Cats pattern. The auction closed at $20! and the book retails for $22 -- not much of a bargain. I promised a cat-themed wallhanging for a Humane Society fund-raiser; I've changed my mind about 6 times but I was kinda set on the Crazy Cats, so I have to keep looking.

4 comments:

Linda_J said...

Those fabrics are quite, um.. interesting--looks like you have two colors of the same print in the top photo.

I bet you can find a spot for some of them anyway. What do they say--if it still looks ugly then you haven't cut it small enough?

Susan said...

All of them would look good in the right quilt, but together, they are . . . interesting! I like your little alien fabric. =)

Sweet P said...

How cool to win fabric! Even though it might not appeal to you right now perhaps putting them in with some other fabrics might "wake them up".

Linda_J said...

I see from Solvi's blog that Happy Anniversary wishes are due you today! Hope you two have wonderful day together and a great year ahead, Julie.