Wednesday, July 19, 2006

a new leaf?


I keep promising myself that I'll post on a regular basis, but... I HAVE been sewing, honest!

I signed up for several UFO challenges this year; for one group my July project was to assemble a top out a bunch of "spring" swap blocks. I drew this on graph paper several times -- the blocks are all different sizes -- but I still made mistakes and had to rip seams a bunch of times.

I made the little bumblebee at the top and the yellow star with the red center in the bottom row, I keep saying I'm not going to do block swaps, but I always get sucked in!



My July project for another group was to assemble more swap blocks! This was a batik jewel-box swap from last year; we all used the same background fabric -- a Michael Miller Krystal. It is wonderful fabric, with a good texture print and enough body to stand up to the batiks. I put half my blocks together. The rest are next month's project, and then I'm planning a piano-key border. This one's going on my bed!

I'm working on a Lazy Girl purse this week -- the "Gracie" design. I've made a couple of the Towne Purses and they're so much fun. This one's going to be wild (wait 'til you see the fabric) and I'll post a photo when it's done.

1 comment:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Good to see you working away on UFO's after your huge DJ project. I used to live in Oakland, then Alameda and then San Francisco - so I've been to some big Bay Area shows - so many quilters in that area! I think you did great to take 2nd on your quilt.

Cheers!

Evelyn